2020 Winter Milestones EOC Schedule and Procedures
The Georgia Board of Education requires all students who are enrolled for credit in any of these four courses to take the Georgia End of Course (EOC) upon course completion:
- American Literature Composition
- U.S. History
- Coordinate Algebra/Algebra 1
According to the GADOE, the EOC serves as the final exam for these courses listed above. The Board established a grade of 70 as the “passing score” for the EOC for all courses. For a student to receive credit for an End-of-Course, the average of the coursework and the EOC score must equal or exceed 70. (See Georgia SBOE rule 160-4-2-.13.)
For the 2020 -2021 school year, the GaDOE’s expectation is that DeKalb County School District afford students the opportunity to participate in the Winter 2020 End of Course Assessment. With that in mind, GaDOE has not provided secure provisions for remote testing. Therefore, it is the expectation that each school district provides a secure face to face test environment.
Below are DeKalb’s EOC Winter 2020 test procedures:
1. Students must test at their home school.
2. Students must wear face covering or mask for the entire test administration.
3. Limit test participants to 15 students per test session/per examiner.
4. It is encouraged that students bring the school technology device.
6. Bus transportation to and from the test site will be provided for students who receive bus transportation during the school year.
7. Bus transportation WILL NOT be provided on MAKE-UP DAYS.
**If students are showing signs of fever, cough, runny nose, chills, or any other cold-like symptoms, they should not participate in this administration. **
**The DeKalb County School District will follow all Georgia Health Department and the Center for Disease Control Health and Safety Guidelines as related to the COVID-19 pandemic. **
Below is the Winter 2020 EOC test schedule that will be followed by all schools:
Tuesday, December 8
American Literature Part (I)
Wednesday, December 9
American Literature Part (II & lll)
Thursday, December 10
Friday, December 11
Tuesday, December 15
Thursday, December 17
Friday, December 18
It is the expectation that every student enrolled in the four courses identified above take the End-of-Course (EOC). Students who fail to take the End-of-Course (as required) during this testing window, must do so by the end of the next subsequent grading period.